Me Thinks

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

O Mothers

I hear you when you say Mother's Day, Father's Day are all stupid. Everyday should be mother's day. Everyday should be father's day. And everyday, of course, should be your Valentine's Day. People are stupid I agree. The commercialization of these days and the hype surrounding them is becoming unbearable by the year. I am with you. But this anger is aggravated even more when you don't receive even a card on such a day. Yes, I don't believe in these "special" days either. More so now.

PS - Waited 2 extra days just to make sure there is no scope for some delayed package delivery. That happens when you order something online, you know.

12 Comments:

Blogger Pistu said...

looks like you fell into the trap of commercialization.. I can send you an e-card if you want :) jus remember that most ppl back home dont give out gifts on mothers day if that is any consolation..

12:00 PM  
Blogger Oracle said...

Did you gift your hubby on father's day?

If not, your crib is rejected summarily! :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger I said...

yeah I don't think I'll be giving gifts to my mother or co-sleeper anyone for Mother's Day, father's day, valetntine's day, friendship day or Velakari Day. Bunch of nonsense.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Me too said...

Exactly! Not even one E(card)-kakka this time!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Thanks pistu. Thats very nice.:-)
Oracle, yes I did.
I, knew you'd say that.:-)
MT, I hear you.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Laksh said...

Hear ya! :) Guess you should wait a few more days in the hope that this message will get heard in the right quarters!

11:36 AM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Belated Mother's day Deepa

1:18 AM  
Blogger Munimma said...

It happens when kids go to school. Peer pressure ;-)
Until then, assume you are appreciated.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Hi Deepa

You are in NJ now? :)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Ajay said...

advanced mother's day wishes!!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yammadeee.. konjam mail paarummmaaaa

5:39 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

laksh, no luck YET.
Rajesh, thank you Sir.
Munimma, assume? I guess thats the best option now.
AP, yes I am. Why?
Ajay, you should've used belated instead of advance.
Bubby, patthen mail. Ippo naan oru snail.:-) (Ur FWD's influence)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home