Me Thinks

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thirty Plus, 30+


Can one not think of Jeetendra in that white suit coming down the stairs while people sing 30+ in the background? Well, this post is not about Jitendra.

When Aishwarya Rai became Miss World, I was in college. I loved her. I still haven't found anybody more beautiful than her. Loved her when she said "Hi, I am Sanjna, got another pepsi?" That was pre-Miss-World Aishwarya and she looked stunning. Like any other college-goer, I had her posters and pictures and kept collecting them. Watched every movie. She is a graceful dancer (don't miss Iruvar and jeans) and I loved her clothes, her walk etc. People always say she is a bad actor, I thought she did a good job in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. I remember getting impressed with the scene where she lies down on a swing and cries to her Mom. To date, I've always defended Aishwarya rai (and I think I will, she is so beautiful) but I think she has the usual 30+ syndrome. The insecurity that all female actors get once they get "over the hill".

For all her beauty, she never used to wear Mallika-Sherawat-ish type of clothes and never said anything controversial to the media. She was always politically correct, never denied any rumour, never accepted 'em or whatever. But 30+ Ash seems different. I saw Dhoom2 posters and THAT seems like a different Aishwarya. Ash and skimpy clothes?! Why, oh why? Her face is her biggest asset but she sure doesn't think so. Or does she think this is the only way to compete with the new faces of hindi cinema or the item queens? I am disappointed Ash. yeah right, like she cares.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...Dhoom2 was okay..tho Aish, as usual didnt act that well..and the attempt to make her 'hot' hasnt paid off in my opinion..shes still beautiful tho given shes 32...

4:13 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Tell this to anusha. She will be outraged.

Ash is a bad actress.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Deepa

Well said...I guess film queens post 30 get a sense of insecurity that they start following the excess-glamour route. Actually its just not film queens. Such a mindset can be found among women too. I knew few nutcases in Bangalore(Bengali queens who worked with me) resorting to such tricks the day they hit 30. Their dressing style changed from bad to worse, they spoke that it was too early to start a family blah blah...

Rajesh: Enna Annathai! Idhudhaan Sindumudinju Vidardhukkardhaa??

12:56 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Thangachi anusha,
Unakku Ash pudikadhunnu sonnen. Manichuko. un kovathukku naan bali aaga virumbala.

Deepa,
Ur template change is much appreciated. I hated the blue-on-blue. Vayasaiduthu - padikardhukku kashtama irundhudhu. Thx for making the blog easier to read :-).

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never liked Ash(Infact, was elated when she lost to Sushmita in the Miss India contest!!) till the time I saw "Kandukonden" and "Hum dil de chuke sanam". Totally agree about her graceful dancing! She even acts better than most, I would say! Hasn't she be doing these item nos. for quite sometime now(some horrible song with Shahrukh was the first I saw though I enjoyed 'kajrare'!)?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember that Pepsi ad...When i saw and jollified.."boy...whozzat"

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enna deepz, aishwarya rai patthi big post.. and nothing about Hrithik roshana-a?[he is called 'Etti udachan' by our family because of leg-yetti udaching dance].
i dont agree with you dee.. ashwarya rai bad actress.. watch the scene where she asks Hrithik to take her as his partner .. konjam.. sorry nerayavee tangala

Lol @ anusha on 30+ : very true! my 40+ golt 'mami' neighbour suddenly has started wearing a sania mirza type nose ring and her jeetendra husband.. turtle neck bright red n white shirt but wonly during april-may months.

and deepz, unnoda pudu template nanna irukku

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who cares really?

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

death to indhi :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger I said...

Aish has no sexuality at all. She has nothing to 'show' and cannot emote. Beauty, don't even get me started. Kovai Sarala is better than Aish.

Wats with this template?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

with such stunning looks, aish doesn't need to act :)

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We indeed did have pori urundai! It was delish, and it didn't occur to me to take pictures of it :(

Thanks for the comment :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger BZ said...

Hi Deepa
First time here. Enjoy the spirit and life in your posts. Will visit often :--)

11:23 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Anon, really? Thats good to know (hot hasn't paid off)
Rajesh, I know how much Anusha "loves" Ash. Read her posts.
Anusha, thats funny....LOL
Anon, whats that shahrukh movie? I cant remember.
Bubby, Hrithik patthi azhudha words illa.;-)
I, what did you do to this man called TTM? Death to your idealogy.;-)
Inder, I wouldn't go that far.
Vi, welcome. I'll come back for appam pics.;-)
SK, thank you very much.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hated her, I still hate her, bipasha was awesome

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

hmm..am curious Deepa..the first anonymous was me but i rem seeing my name appear before...Blogger is still not in good terms with me i guess...

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the movie and i must say...though her acting leaves much to be desired... the clothes that are suppossed to be 'item'ish doesnt come across like that at all. She is one person who can wear any kind of dress and still not look vulgar. Bipasha on the other hand..is pretty annoying. She is also a pretty face...but she is trying too hard!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

No arguing that she was magnificient when she arrived. But now we(Atleast I) have had an over doze of her so much that I hated her in D2.She just cannot carry out that kick ass girl character !!

1:00 AM  
Blogger Indherjith said...

Blog nalla irukko illaiyo....unga yellaroda comments-um padikkiradhukku nalla irukku....

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home