Me Thinks

Monday, September 11, 2006

Dear Ashwin

Wherever you are, I hope you are reading this. I am 200% better now and you know why? I met your wife. My God! What a great influence you've had on her. I see you in her now. She is so strong and practical...just like you. I am so proud of her and I am sure you would be too. Ever second, every milli-second she proves how much she loves you. Not by crying or uttering "I miss him" but by remaining strong and going through this tough period like you would've wanted her to. I want to think you are still around. Everytime I say this aloud, I hear your voice "hey romba senti podadha" inside my head. You wouldn't want anyone to stay sad. Sure, everyone is gonna miss you and its not gonna be easy but all of us love you a lot and we are going to get through this in your style. But you help us through, Mister.

10 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Deepa,
Were u in Dallas? Although not the right time, I wd loved to have met you. And if your friend needs help in Dallas area like driving or running errands, let me know. I will try my best to help her out.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

deeps...

am glad after seeing this post. knowing what a sensitive person u are, i was so worried that u will make things worse for deepa in dallas.

Lavu

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry for your loss

4:46 PM  
Blogger dfgfg said...

...seems you are very much pained and disturbed...sorry deepa.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my strength and best wishes for you and your friend. Hope everything will continue to work out just fine..
*hug*

8:40 AM  
Blogger Artnavy said...

good that you friend is learning to cope and great that u are there to egg her on

2:39 AM  
Blogger Laksh said...

Deepa,

Reading your blog made me cry. Aswin was so full of life that we blot out the fact that he is not there.

Lakshmi

5:48 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Thank you everyone. Lakshmi, how do you know Ashwin? You seem to know him well since you got his spelling right. We used to call him ace-win. I want to think he is still around and it makes me feel better. He is a great friend.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Laksh said...

Deepa,

Yes am Badri's sis. Known Aswin for a long time now. It hurts much and sometimes its scary to think we might forget or that time will dull the memories. Really want to get in touch with Deepa. Hope she is doing well.

Lakshmi

10:21 AM  
Blogger Laksh said...

Deepa, we should catch up sometime. I can be reached at glaksh at gmail dot com.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home