Me Thinks

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Scar

I saw Ammani's post on blog-a-thon a little late. Nevertheless, I've been inspired to write this one.

Her uncle was hit by a lorry and she had been restless ever since she heard the news. The line to her parents' place had been busy. She had tried so many times. Finally, it was ringing.
- Its me.
- Heard about the accident.
- Nothing serious right? A minor bruise on his legs? Thank God.
And she genuinely heaved a sigh of relief. She was praying that her uncle didn't die in that accident.
- OK, just wanted to make sure nothing happened to him. Talk to you tomorrow. Bye.
She hung up and thought to herself - I'd be damned if that b^&*^*& had an easy death. For all that he did to me when I was a kid, God had better make sure he suffers a lot and dies a slow and painful death.

9 Comments:

Blogger ashok said...

very 'scar'ry!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Casement said...

Interesting!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Casement said...

Interesting!

9:40 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Mahadevan, didnt you get the story or do you sympathise with pedophiles? I am assuming its the former.:-)
draj and Casement, Thanks.
Ashok, I liked the pun. Wish I had that as the title.:-)

12:36 PM  
Blogger ammani said...

Well said!
So often we as women are expected to be forgiving and saint-like? Whatever for? People like the 'uncle' deserve a slow, painful, rotting cell-by-cell kind of a death. Agree with you 100%

3:26 AM  
Blogger Ananya S P said...

Good one Deepa. I was dicussing this recently with my husband. I had rented Monsoon Wedding from Blockbuster and so we had this talk after watching the movie. I was upset for sometime and argued as to why law doesn't punish pedophiles? I am not sure if there's one in India :(

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many kids aware of what is happening to them? Even if they are, are ready to blatantly tell their parents. Kids should be educated about pedophiles. When I was young I always thought these men are just being too nice to me. I realised it was not something right only when I was about 9 or 10 years old.

3:10 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Thanks Ammani.:-)
Anusha, true. I think pedophiles and rapists get away too easly in India.
Anon, its very sad. I also know of girls who knew it was something bad but were too shy to tell anyone or maybe scared. Those sick creatures will rot in hell.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Accurate body fat measurment Turtle wax excalibur carnauba car polish us home refinancing quotes Nexium problems Lexus rx300 se l dash cover supplements diet Air freshener dispenser search Volvo 770 Best viscoelastic memory foam mattress pad refinance refinance refinancing california home loan

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home