Me Thinks

Friday, February 03, 2006

Shame Shame

As much as I pretend not be perturbed by the result of the 3rd test match between India and Pakistan, I feel depressed about the state of affairs. Its bad enough that Sachin has been a total failure in the tests and on top of it we have this huge-margin loss. Even die-hard logic-not-for-us fans like me find it difficult to defend Sachin anymore. The web TOI, Rediff, has already started asking viewers if Sachin's end is beginning.
And just for the record how many great players have bowed out when they are at the peak? Bradman's last innings was a duck but he was not out of form totally when he retired. Steve Waugh was almost asked to retire and luckily he produed a good innings before he hung his boots. Pete Sampras retired after winning the US Open but he was not at his best in the preceding matches and he knew he wouldn't win any more titles thereafter. But to bow out after your best game is the hardest thing to do. We won't know what would become of Sachin but I hope Sachin-Pawar jodi doesn't become like Ganguly-Dalmia's.
And here is hoping Sachin produces a gem on the first ODI.

10 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

whatever...i stopped watching or analyzing cricket after that azhar episode...

7:12 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

deepa,
dunno where my earlier comment went...

1:04 AM  
Blogger ashok said...

ya...blogger went crazy yesterday...dont worry about missing comments....my post is missing in my blog!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Ajay said...

oh really..worst, ashok.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Vee Cee said...

looks like your wish came true.
next time, along with Sachin's gem, wish for India to win also.

2:35 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Me, I was a big Azhar fan too but I lost interest in him after he said "I am targeted because I am a muslim" but retained my interest in cricket.
Ajay & Ashok, blogger has been a little crazy these days. It doesn't allow me to log in most of the time. Hence my posts are far and few....
VC, yes Gods aren't crazy after all.:-)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Kamal Aanand (Kamz) said...

And now there is this news of Pete Sampras making a come back. If he does, and if Saching hangs his boots, later on he can to walk the same way as Pete.

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Rss search engine marketing mazda tribute suv Best anti depressant anti anxiety Advertising ppc sem seo spidersplat Trading forex trading forex forex trading forextra 2+acuvue+colours+enhancers Sex video html codes Valtrex pregant Big breasted hot babes Barcode scanner vinden La jolla botox Dodge minivan floor

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home