Me Thinks

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tas"tea"

Nothing like having a hot cup of tea on a cold and frosty afternoon. I like the word Chai better than tea. The day I saw chai added to the StarBucks menu, I celebrated by having 2 cups of it though the Chai doesn't taste like our usual tea. I don't remember exactly when I started drinking chai. I wasn't this big a fan till I started making chai myself. Modesty is not my forte and I just love the chai I make. It doesn't matter whether I am the host or the guest, I always volunteer to make Chai. Almost everyone I know knows why. Because I make the best chai or so I claim. :-)

Drinking tea in this kind of weather is blissful. The kind of people I don't want to talk to or see in this mood are the ones that say "I don't drink tea or coffee" with a peculiar expression on their face and a long pause that tacitly says "You do? Poor you! Very sad that you don't have good habits like not drinking tea. Maybe you can go to rehab or something and get over this addiction". ok, I am exaggerating but there are people that assume a moral highground because they don't drink tea or coffee. My friend pointed out this to me and I totally agree. They have to taste tea once and they know what they are missing. I am sure "Kaapi" drinkers would have similar words for them.

15 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

A cup of Madras filter kaapi in the morning and a stale office coffee in the afternoon; without which my work will be stalled and the mood wil be bad.

10:13 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

"Filter kaapi" says a lot about where a person is from (also the community;-)). Right Rajesh?

3:20 PM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

where -yes. community - i don't know.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Me said...

hey i posted a comment sometime back....en commenta kaanam...

anyways...

tastea aaa ...too much thinkings pola...

i dont have any predefined rules for having coffee or tea.....but mostly i end up having coffee in the mornings and occasionally i have tea in the evenings...

haven't tried chai @ starbucks....last week i got lipton spiced chai from walmart...its good...

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get a particular chai-masala here. 1/2 a small spoon of chai masala to the regular chai.. hmmm... its fundoo.. will buy it and give it to you when you come here.

10:44 PM  
Blogger NaiKutti said...

my ex-roomie was (and is) always interested in making chai... and like u, he used to be the unanimous choice to make tea irrespective of being the guest or host...

11:26 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Lipton in wlamart? I am heading there. Poi varen nan poi varen. Thanx Me.
Good idea Bubby.Thanks.:-)
Naikutti, was your friend a self-proclaimed best tea maker too?;-)

11:55 AM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Had one extra cup of coffee today- in your name.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Ginkgo said...

yeh...
The first time I drank tea I was almost 20 yrs old..and Ive liked it ever since..

Filter coffee is what I was used to until then, and would still love to get that 'leo Coffee' once I get back home...

maan....:-)

12:59 PM  
Blogger NaiKutti said...

self-proclaimed ellam ille... people voted him the best and he would volunteer always to make tea :-)

10:48 PM  
Blogger tris said...

Away for the holidays?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Srihari SN said...

Deepa - our group used to make one bakra out of somebody by claiming that he/she is the best tea/chai maker :)

4:12 AM  
Blogger ashok said...

the snow outside combined with ur writeup makes me go for another cup of green chai...

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Seroquel and bi-polar disorder Dvd entertainment problems in mitsubishi endeavor Louie virtton totes Jeep grand cherokee broken headlight clips 1984 chevrolet silverado body parts cash advance capital one Fiat suspension level cholesterol http://www.jeep7.info/Type_of_antidepressants.html

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Tenuate rx

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home