Me Thinks

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Guess Who?

There are different kinds of annoying people. People who say "En experience un vayasu". People who say "My tamil is not all that good but somehow I used to get good marks at school" and you know both parts of the statement aren't true. Celebrities who say "Da Vinci Code naan romba 'like panni' padicchen". But the ones at the top of my list right now are the ones that call you and say "Guess Who?" You might say the ones that take a wrong guess and continue the conversation for the next half hour without knowing the caller's identity are also annoying. But I categorise them under "stupid" category. The sample conversation could be like this when you are actually in a meeting at your workplace.
Your phone rings. By mistake you press the answer button instead of the silence button on your phone.
U - Hello
X - Hi
U - Hi..?
X - Guess Who this is?
You want to be civil in front of your collegues, so you say
U - I don't know.
X - You don't know me? You can't recognize MY voice?!
U - Can I call you back? I am in a meeting. (You really wish you could use the choicest of swear words but you restrain because your collegues are now following your conversation)
X - You are working! Since when? So is the meeting more important than me?
At this point you want to send a bomb through the phone.
U - I am busy, I have to go now. Call me later.
You cut the line only to be called again and this continues. The best way to take revenge is doing this to someone else.;-)
As a caveat I gotta add that I've been a little stupid and also a little annoying myself but not anymore.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Talkative Man said...

If I were you, I wud've sweetly said "Thanks a lot but I already have a credit card" and hang up. The pest at the other end will take a few hours to recover his/her battered ego.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

//
My tamil is not all that good but somehow I used to get good marks at school" and you know both parts of the statement aren't true.
//

//Celebrities who say "Da Vinci Code naan romba 'like panni' padicchen" //

LOL !
at your best.

11:22 PM  
Blogger ashok said...

Deepa,
I dont understand why u get so annoyed by such small things...take it easy !

7:30 AM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

Fortunately or unfortunately, I ve never been that busy at work. I cd play that annoyer, perhaps.

12:24 PM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

TTM, I agree but sometimes you are in a situation when you can't be curt.
Anon, thank you.....
Ashok, can I have your number?:-) Actually its fun to get annoyed or at least to blog about such annoying stuff.
Rajesh, its definitely unfortunate.;-)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Me said...

ungla pudhu post poda solla modhu...idha...idha...idha than nan edhurpaathen....

enoda blog oda usp ye indha small annoying things in life dhan...u can see lot of posts in that category...food is another one...

i haven't come across lot of ppl in the first two types u mentioned..but i have seen tons of ppl in the stupid category... who ask the same old stupid question... So is the meeting more important than me? ...aama da venna...neeya maasa masam sambalam kudukara nu me used to think...:)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Vee Cee said...

Answer button-a mistake-a press panra ungalukku idhuvum venum, innamum venum!!:)

10:04 PM  
Blogger NaiKutti said...

LOL... have been at the receiving end a couple of times but usually the conversation doesn't go longer than say 1 minute... sometimes i would just say "hello" "hello" just to gain some time recognizing the voice while the other person thinks that the reception is bad or something :-)

7:34 AM  
Blogger D LordLabak said...

Me, romba predictable naan:-)
VC, in a way you are right.
karthik, you can do that hello hello thing only a couple of times. But at least it bails you sometimes.
Welcome back bachelor.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home