Me Thinks

Friday, July 04, 2008

Dasavatharam

Kamal is a narcissist; he is doing 10 roles for the heck of it - I heard this a million times and over and over from everyone around. When I heard that he was writing the dialogs too, I was disappointed. He is no crazy Mohan, can't be funny. I was wondering why he was becoming a T.Rajendar donning all the hats. Having K.S.Ravi Kumar as the Director means only one thing - that Kamal would be the main go-to-guy in the making of the movie. Remember Avvai Shanmugi?

But still the ardent Kamal fan in me couldn't wait to watch the movie and I did. Its true that some roles are very redundant. I still don't understand why he had to become Bush. Why not Manmoham Singh and Karunanidhi too? And what were the 3 heads doing sitting together after Tsunami? I didn't get it. One of the roles (Muslim role) was inspired by Bheem-boy from MMKR I think. The makeup was sad. He could have as well worn a venetian mask.

All that being said, its still a treat for people who are looking for some class act. Kamal is brilliant with the dialogs, especially the conversation between Napoleon and Kamal in the period drama shows how brilliant this main is. Kudos Thalaiva!! Asin plays a typical heroine - no brains, a lot of immaturity and finally falls in love with the hero. I am glad I watched this movie.

He might be a narcissist but he is a complete artist, people!! Acknowledge that. I heard this movie is a hit in Tamil Nadu. God indeed is present... to reward talent and hard work.

10 Comments:

Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

One of my friends tells me that the pasuram (sloka) that Kodhai (the 11th century Asin ) sings was composed by Vedanta Desikar who came much later. Kamal goofed up, if I were to believe my friend.

12:45 AM  
Blogger APAM NAPAT said...

That is when Kamal gets tied to the Lord's statue and beaten up for refusing to comply. vadakalai iyengars can confirm this!

12:48 AM  
Blogger kumar said...

I enjoyed watching the movie as a viewer not a reviewer .

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. I am glad you liked the movie. I liked it too, until I put a post on my blog and got bombarded with awfully long repetitive comments.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i was surprised to hear even from some kamal fan's saying its not great. may be bez of too much expectation.
for me- whatever kamal does is class.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ginkgo said...

well time pass movie..
think of it...if he had 10 diff ppl do those roles, what is there in the movie to look forward to?

No issues with him doing 10 or even 20 roles, but how do I get my paisa vasool:)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Me too said...

Not a big fan of Kamal-KSR combo. Yedho kaasu meley kaasu vandhu kottina seri!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude the movie had no redeeming feature.

T.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Vidhya said...

Even I enjoyed watching this movie too. Nice post

1:04 PM  
Blogger aa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home